- Academic writing for undergraduate students - Monash University, AU
Defines academic writing, important features and techniques for successful writing across disciplines.
- Design Your Own Anti-Procrastination Plan - UT-Austin's Learning Center
Strategies to use, Includes "Procrastination Quotient" chart to rate tendencies to wait until later.
- Drafting the Essay - Monash University, AU
Includes interactive analyses of how introductions and conclusions are suited to the essay's content.
- Overcoming Writer's Block - UT-Austin's Learning Center
- Principles of Composition - Charles Darling, Capital Community College
Sections: The Writing Process, Structural Considerations, Patterns of Composition, online handbook with subtopic descriptions and illustrations.
- Some General Advice on Academic Essay-Writing - U Toronto
Overview of general strategies, with resource links for stages of writing from understanding the topic through proofreading.
- Writing: Completing the First Draft - University of Otago, NZ
Guidelines, possible frameworks, linked examples of parts of essay.
- The Writing Process - University of Leeds, UK
Essay planning, argument building, the art of drafting, proofreading for assignment needs, standard English, judicious use of first person point of view.
See also: Research Writing Guidelines