Download a PDF of our 2009 MLA Updates Pamphlet.
Download a PDF of our 2009 Updated APA Guidelines.
www.wwnorton.com/write is open to all readers of Norton composition books-and to anyone who wants to be a better writer or researcher.
- Writing Argumentative Papers - Texas Tech University's Paradigm Online Writing Assistance
Many examples of each stage of preparing and considering argumentation, well-organized.
- Stages of Argument - Peter Suber, Earlham College
Proposes and explains 4 tiers of argument sophistication.
Materials for Selected Argument Topics
- An Outline of the Anita Hill and Clarence Thomas Controversy - George Mason University
Background, commentary, testimony, gender/race/media perspectives, links to other historic Supreme Court documents and resources, like Brown vs. the Board of Education.
- Commonwealth Institute - non-profit public policy institute, Cambridge, MA
Featured publications include "Pulse of Capitalism" and "Project on Defense Alternatives"; reviews and documents
detailing Iraq War strategies, developments, factors in decision-making.
- The Enola
Gay Controversy - Lehigh University
Discussion and primary resources track the history of the Smithsonian
- NATO Online Library
Among the documents: communiqués, speech and news conference transcripts of secretaries general from 1946 onward.
- Nuclearfiles.org - Nuclear Age Peace Foundation
Resources for researching nuclear disarmament issues, including history,
ethics, documents, biographies of key players, current research, study