- Animations: Precision Graphics
- Digital Elevation Models selected and compiled by Allan Ludman, using USGS data
- Norton GeoTours kmz file by M. Scott and Beth Wilkerson
- Site Editor: Rob Bellinger
- Site Design and Development: Jason Rappaport
For technical Support, please visit our help desk.
W. W. Norton & Company has been independent since its founding in 1923, when William Warder Norton and Margaret D. Norton first published lectures delivered at the People's Institute, the adult education division of New York City's Cooper Union. The Nortons soon expanded their program beyond the Institute, publishing books by celebrated academics from America and abroad. By mid-century, the two major pillars of Norton's publishing programâ€”trade books and college textsâ€”were firmly established. In the 1950s, the Norton family transferred control of the company to its employees, and todayâ€”with a staff of 400 and a comparable number of trade, college, and professional titles published each yearâ€”W. W. Norton & Company stands as the largest and oldest publishing house owned wholly by its employees.