You need Adobe Flash Player to listen to the pronunciations.
- karyotype: The specific number and shapes of chromosomes found in the cells of a particular species.
- keystone species: A species that, relative to its own abundance, has a large effect on the presence and abundance of other species in a community.
- kidney: An organ that regulates the body's supply of water and solutes and helps dispose of metabolic wastes.
- killer T cell: A lymphocyte that binds to cells that have been infected by a virus and helps destroy them.
- kinetochore: A plaque of protein on the centromere of a chromosome where spindle microtubules attach during mitosis and meiosis.
- kingdom: e largest taxonomic category in the Linnaean hierarchy. Generally six kingdoms are recognized: Bacteria, Archaea, Protista, Plantae, Fungi, and Animalia.
- Kyoto Protocol: An international agreement designed to reduce global warming by reducing CO2 emissions.